These Article is to understand the Demonstration of ball mill and there are well known and used for particle size reduction. Grinding process are described and the most Commonly used control strategies are analyzed and uses ball mill in pharmacy. Ball mill is a cylindrical device that used to grind and blend raw materials and it rotates around a horizontal axis, partially filled with the material to be ground plus the grinding medium. When it is controlled by speed, the load nearest the wall of the cylinders will break and it quickly followed by other particle in the top curves and form a sliding stream containing several layers of balls separated by material of varying thickness.
Cite this article:
Pradip D. Dhangar, Tushar N. Sonawane, Azam. Z. Shaikh, Ritik S. Jain. Demonstration of Ball mill and their applications in Pharmacy. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4):285-288. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2020.00047.1
1. K. Vidyatharran “Design and Fabrication of Mini Ball Mill" 1Automotive Engineering Research Group (AERG), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), 26600 Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia, Automotive Engineering Centre, Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), 26600 Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia
2. Rutheravan Maria “Design and Fabrication of Mini Ball Mill." Automotive Engineering Research Group (AERG), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), 26600 Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia, Automotive Engineering Centre, Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), 26600 Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia
3. R S Fediuk “Mechanical Activation of Construction Binder Materials by Various Mills" Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok, Russia
4. Kumar, A, and Yedhu Krishnan. 2020. A Review On The Technology Of Size Reduction Equipment. International Journal of ChemTech Research, 2020,13(1): 48-54. DOI=http://dx.doi.org/ 10.20902/IJCTR.2019.130106
5. Dinesh Kumar Mishra, Asst. Professor, Dept. of MME. 2020. Mineral Processing Laboratory Manual. Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
6. “Ball Mill”. 2020. En.Wikipedia.Org.https://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Ball_mill#Working
7. Burmeister, Christine Friederike, and Arno Kwade. 2013. “Process Engineering With Planetary Ball Mills”. Chemical Society Reviews 42 (18): 7660. Doi:10.1039/c3cs35455e.
8. Monov, Vladimir, Blagoy Sokolov, and Stefan Stoenchev. 2012. “Grinding In Ball Mills: Modeling And Process Control”. Cybernetics And Information Technologies 12 (2). Doi:10.2478/cait-2012-0012.
9. "Ball Mill: Operating Principles, Components, Uses, Advantages And". 2020. Pharmapproach. Com. https:// www.pharmapproach.com/ball-mill/.
10. Sud, Sushant, and Archana Kamath. 2013. "Methods of size reduction and factors affecting size reduction in pharmaceutics". International Research Journal of Pharmacy 4 (8): 57-64. doi:10.7897/2230-8407.04810
11. Theory cum Practical Book of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Shalini Sharma Associate Professor Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science by PV Publication Page No:-33