Meenu C., Pradeep K. Y., Praveen K.
Meenu C.1, Pradeep K. Y.2, Praveen K.3*
1School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, SGRR University, Patel Nagar, Dehradun- 248001, Uttarakhand, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, LLRM Medical College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India.
3Quantum School of Health Sciences, Quantum University, Mandawar, Roorkee- 247167, Uttarakhand, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Pharmaceutical analysis and need of drug Analysis pharmaceutical analysis is an important part of pharmaceutical chemistry which involves the science of extraction. Analytical research and development is a process which assures quality attributes and quality control of the products. A modest specific, perfect and delicate Ultra Violet-Spectroscopyprocessdeveloped for the determination of Ondansetron in bulk as well as tablets. Ondansetron shows the maximum absorbance at wavelength 302nm. Ondansetron showed the linearity, range 04-24µg per ml for this procedure with Correlation Coeff. (R2) was 0.9991. The technique was found definite as no intervention was detected with excipients. The recovery studies confirmed the correctness of the anticipatedtechnique and outcome was found 99.32 with RSD ±0.66. The process was confirmed as per the ICH guidelines. The proposed analytical process is suggested for monotonous analysis of Ondansetron as API and in tablet unit dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Meenu C., Pradeep K. Y., Praveen K.. Developed a Validated Analytical Procedure for Estimation of Ondansetron by UV-Spectroscopy as API and in tablets. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2021; 11(1):48-52. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2021.00008.8
1. The merck index An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs and Biological 2001; 13th Edn, Merck andCompany, Inc.1224.
2. Varvara A, Crina MM, Corina A, Popescu C. Ion Pair Reversed-Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography of Ondansetron Hydrochloride using Sodium HeptaneSulphonate as a counter ion. Farmacia. 2009:57(4): 442-451.
3. Kumar PR Murali K, Prakash PB et al. Derivative Spectrophotometric Estimation of Ondansetron and Paracetamol. E-Journal of Chemistry. 2006;3(3): 134-136.
4. Shrish P, Patel LJ. Derivative Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Determination of Ondansetron andRabeprazole in Combined Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2012; 5(2): 37-41.
5. Pillai S, SinghviI. Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Estimation of Ranitidine Hydrochloride and Ondansetron Hydrochloride from Tablet S Formulation. Indian journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2007; 69(4): 601-604.
6. Asad R, Abdul S I, Ujma R. Spectrophotometric Determination of Ondansetron Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Bulkand Dosage Forms. Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society.2007; 54(1): 223-227.
7. Lahuerta Z. et al, Extractive Spectrophotometric Determination of Ondansetron by Ion-Pair Formation with Bromocresol Green. Taylor Francis online.1996; 29(5): 785-795.
8. Lin Y, Stewart JT. Determination of Ondansetron and Diphenhydramine Mixture in 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection. Journal of Liquid Chromatography Related Technologies. 1996; 19(5): 711-718.
9. Ding P, Xu H, Wei G, Zheng J. microdialysis Sampling coupled to HPLC for Tran dermal Delivery Studyo of Ondansetron Hydrochloride in Rats. Biomedical Chromatography. 2000; 14(3): 141-143.
10. Ravi S, yusrida d, Nurzalina K. Development and validation of a RP-HPLC method for the determination of Ondansetron. Application to pharmaceutical dosage.2009; 70(1-20): 75-81.
11. Andreea V, Crina, Monciu et al. Application of a Selective Bonded Phase in the Liquid Chromatographic Assay of Ondansetron Hydrochloride and its impurities. Farmacia. 2009; 57(1): 1-5.
12. Siluveru M, Stewart J T. Enantiomer selective determination of S-(+) - and R-(-)-Ondansetron in Human Serum using Derivatized Cyclodextrins - Modified Capillary Eectrophoresis and Solid-Phase Extraction. Journal Chromatography- B.1997; 691(1):217-222.
13. Shirish R P, Patel J, Yogeshvar P. Development and Validation of Analytical Method for the Determination of Rabeprazole and Ondansetron in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. International Journal of Chemical Technology Research. 2010;2(3):1531-1536.
14. Raval PB, Wadher SJ, Yeole PG. A Validated HPTLC Method for Determination of Ondansetron in Combination with Omeprazole or Rabeprazole in Solid Dosage Form. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2008; 70(3): 386-390.
15. Dotsikas Y, Kousoulos C, Tsatsou G. Development and Validation of a rapid 96-well Format Based Liquid–liquid Extraction and Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Analysis Method for Ondansetron in Human Plasma. Journal of Chromatography-B.2006; 83(6): 79-82.
16. Lingxia P, Qing W, Youpei W. Development and Validation of LC-MS/MS Method for Determination of Ondansetron in Rat Plasma and its Application. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy. 2012;31(2): 305-309.
17. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and methodology - Q2 (R1), 2005.