Ketki K. Joshi, Ritik S. Jain
Ketki K. Joshi1, Ritik S. Jain2*
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Modern College of Pharmacy for Ladies, Moshi, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Ahinsa Institute of Pharmacy, Dondaicha, Dist. Dhule, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
In these article we have discuss, enteric coated dosage form bypasses the stomach and releases the drug into the small intestine. Advantages of enteric coated pellets in comparison with enteric coated tablets are a) Pellets provide rapid onset of action and faster drug release due to smaller size than tablets b) Pellets exhibits less residence time of acid-labile drugs in the stomach compared to tablets. Dosage form coat can be damaged by longer resisitance time in the stomach. We also discuss, Advantage and disadvantages tablet coating and mechanism of enteric coated tablet.
Cite this article:
Ketki K. Joshi, Ritik S. Jain. Review Article on Enteric Coated Tablets. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(2):176-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00029
Ketki K. Joshi, Ritik S. Jain. Review Article on Enteric Coated Tablets. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(2):176-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00029 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-2-15
1. Lachman L, Lieberman HA, Joseph LK. The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy. Varghese Publishing House; Mumbai; Third Edition: 297-321.
2. Lachman L, Liberman H, Kanig J. The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy; Third Edition: 293-345, 346- 373.
3. Review article on recent advances in enteric coating Singh Deep Husain.
4. Aulton M. Pharmaceutics: The Science of Dosage Form Design. International Student Edition: 304-321, 347-668.
5. Ansel H, Allen L, Jr. Popovich N. Ansel’s Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems; Eighth edition.
6. Kumar Vinay. KV, Sivakumar T and Tamizh mani. T, Colon targeting drug delivery system: A review on recent approaches, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Science, 2011; 2: 11-19.
7. Anil K. Philip and Betty Philip, Colon Targeted Drug Delivery Systems: A Review on Primary and Novel Approaches, Oman Medical Journal, 2010; 25(02): 70-78.