M. K. Andhale, Jadhao. U. T., Rathod. D. A., Thoke S. T., Dhembre G. N.
M. K. Andhale1, Jadhao. U. T.2, Rathod. D. A.1, Thoke S. T.2, Dhembre G. N.2
1Department of Pharmaceutics S.B.N.M College of Pharmacy, Hatta, Hingoli, MS.
2Department of Pharmaceutics SVP College of Pharmacy Hatta, Hingoli, MS.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
The aim of the present investigation was to Formulation and evaluation of Nanosuspension of Ambroxol hydrochloride for pediatric use. Ambroxol hydrochloride is a mucolytic agent used to treat respiratory diseases associated with viscid or excessive mucus accumulated in respiratory tract. The present research involved to find out the effect of different polymer and their ratio on the formulation of ambroxol hydrochloride oral nanosuspension. The prepared nanosuspension is evaluated by solubility, particle size, entrapment efficiency, DSC study, SEM analysis, re-dispersion study, sterility and In-vitro drug release studies shows that the prepared nanosuspension has increased solubility and dissolution rate compared to pure drug. The formulated F5 has shown the better results like as UV rage is 244nm, soluble in methanol, particle size and Stability.
Cite this article:
M. K. Andhale, Jadhao. U. T., Rathod. D. A., Thoke S. T., Dhembre G. N. Formulation and Evaluation of Nanosuspension of Ambroxol Hyrochloride. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2023; 13(1):4-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2023.00002
M. K. Andhale, Jadhao. U. T., Rathod. D. A., Thoke S. T., Dhembre G. N. Formulation and Evaluation of Nanosuspension of Ambroxol Hyrochloride. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2023; 13(1):4-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2023.00002 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-1-2
1. Vedha Hari BN et al. Sustained release nanosuspension of acetaminophen-formulation and in-Vitro evaluation Int.J.Res.Pharm.Sci. 2012; 3(1): 67-71.
2. Xueming Li et al. Formulation and Pharmacokinetic evaluation of a paclitaxel nanosuspension for intravenous delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011; 6: 1497–1507.
3. Md.Mizanur Rahman Moghal et al. Invitro release kinetics study and optimization of Ambroxol HCl 75MG matrix tablets using response surface methodology. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2012; 3(5): 165-172.
4. Gobade NG et al. Asymmetric membrane osmotic capsules for terbutaline sulphate. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2012; 74(1): 69-72
5. Indian pharmacopeia edition 2009.545
6. Gupta P., Pandit J., Ajay P., Swaroop P. and Gupta S., Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Novel Nanoemulsion-High Energy Emulsification Preparation, Evaluation and Aplication. The Pharma Research, 2010 3, pp.117-138.
7. S.A. Abdel Halim, S. Salah: Development of nanoparticulate formulations for ocular delivery of prednisolone acetate: preparation and characterization, J. Drug Del. Sci. Tech., 2014; 24 (2) 159-165.
8. Roya Yadollahi, Krasimir Vasilev, Clive A. Prestidge and Spomenka Simovic, Polymeric Nanosuspensions for Enhanced Dissolution of Water Insoluble Drugs Journal of Nanomaterials. 2013, Article ID 170201, 1-10.
9. Pignatello R, Bueolo C, Spedalieri G, Maltese A, PuglisFlurbiprofen-loaded aerylate polymer nanosuspension Biomaterials. 2002; 23: 3247-3255.
10. V. Viswanath, B. Narasimha Rao, K. Gnana Prakash, S. Rahath Fatima, G. Krishnaveni, Formulation and evaluation of Terbulatine sulphate loaded inhalation nanoparticles for pulmonary drug delivery system. Int. Journal Pharmacy Sci. Rev.Res.2017, 42 (1), 256-260.
11. Higuchi T.-Rate of release of medicaments from ointment bases containing drugs in suspension, J. Pharma Sci., 1961, 50(10), 874-875.
12. Rekha Khaira, Jyoti Sharma, and Vinay Saini, Development and Characterization of Nanoparticles for the Delivery of Gemcitabine Hydrochloride Hindawi Publishing Corporation Scientific World Journal Volume 2014, Article ID 560962, 1-6.