Pharmaceutical industry in India is the third largest and fastest developing industry in India. An E-Pharmacy is a pharmacy that operates over the internet by selling drugs, medicines and sending them to the customers. Internet making all the things easy and convenient. Patients can now buy use of prescription of registered medical practitioner order the medicines via use of internet and receive them at their own doorsteps. Online pharmacy is one of the technology advancement in creating huge demand in the upcoming days. Though it is convenient to buy drugs online as it causes high risk of selfmedication and misuse of drugs especially coming under the schedule H and X, so to overcome these risks local pharmacy may be preferred. In this article we have discussed about difference between the E-pharmacy and conventional pharmacy. According to D and C act 1940 state that do not sell the drug like schedule X and schedule H drugs without prescription and without consent to the physician if pharmacist have doubt about the prescription. There are so many advantages of this facilities e-pharmacy on online pharmacy like as the cost effectiveness, free home deliver, instance serves, 24 X 7 availability. Similarly, when the technology is used for medical purposes, it gives rise to medico legal and techno legal issues with it. As when we deal with medicine there are number of drugs which are under schedule ‘H’ and schedule ‘X ‘. When this kind of medicines gets easily available then, obviously it will results into the wrong practice of the medication. This review article emphasize on e-pharmacy vs conventional pharmacy i.e. what is e-pharmacy, how does work is it safe today, online pharmacy is a boon or bane, what is conventional pharmacy Difference between online pharmacy and conventional pharmacy. etc.
Cite this article:
Priti B. Savant, Manjusha S. Kareppa. A Review: E-Pharmacy Vs Conventional Pharmacy. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(1):84-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00014
Priti B. Savant, Manjusha S. Kareppa. A Review: E-Pharmacy Vs Conventional Pharmacy. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(1):84-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00014 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-14
1. Grazia Orizio , Anna Merla, Peter J Schulz, Umberto Gelatti; Quality of online pharmacies and websites selling prescription drugs: a systematic review; J Med Internet Res.2011 Sep 30;13(3): 74.
2. Nicola J Gray ; THE Evolution of online pharmacies; The selfcare journal consumer health led. 2011;2(3):76-86 page no. 76-77
3. Grazia Orizio , Anna Merla, Peter J Schulz , Umberto Gelatti ; Quality of Online Pharmacies and Websites Selling Prescription Drugs: A Systematic Review; JMIR Publication volume 13, No 3 (2011) jul September
4. Chetna Desai; Online pharmacies: A boon or bane?; Indian Journal Of Pharmacology ; 2016 Nov-Dec; 48(6): 615–616.
5. Ashwani Chaturvedi ,Umesh Kumar Singh, Amrish Kumar; Online pharmacy : An E-strategy for medication 2011IJPFR, April-June 2011; 1(1):146-158 .
6. G.Prashanti, S.Sravani, Saleha Noorie ; A Review on Online Pharmacy ; IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences e- Volume 12, Issue 3 Ver. IV (May – June 2017), PP 32-34
7. S.V. Chordiya1, B. M. Garge; E-pharmacy vs conventional pharmacy ; IP International Journal of Comprehensive and Advanced Pharmacology, October-December 2018;3(4):121-123
9. Himani Singh, A Majumdar, N Malviya; E-Pharmacy impacts on society and pharma sector in economical pandemic situation: A Review ; Journal of drug delivery and therapeutics ; Vol 10 No 3-S (2020): Volume 10, Issue 3-S, May-June 2020.
10. Desale Praneta, Joshi Shilpa, Sayyed Tahir, Solunke Jayantsing, Kure Mukesh ; E-pharmacy vs conventional pharmacy; volume 3 issue 4, 2018.