Ajay I. Patel, Pooja K. Khunti, Amit J. Vyas, Ashok B. Patel
Ajay I. Patel, Pooja K. Khunti, Amit J. Vyas, Ashok B. Patel
Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, B.K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Polytechnic Campus, Near Aji Dam, Bhavnagar Road, Rajkot - 360003 Gujarat, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a broad word that refers to the theory and development of computer systems that can do tasks that would ordinarily require human cognition, such as perception, comprehension, reasoning, learning, planning, and problem solving. Understanding the terminology and methodologies used in AI can help you communicate more effectively with data scientists to work together to design models that will improve patient care. The healthcare and pharmaceutical industries have long been early adopters of technological developments, reaping major benefits as a result. AI is being applied in a range of health-related sectors, including the discovery of novel medications, the invention of new medical treatments, and the management of patient data and records. This review identifies and examines the fundamentals and applications of artificial intelligence in medicine and pharmacy.
Cite this article:
Ajay I. Patel, Pooja K. Khunti, Amit J. Vyas, Ashok B. Patel. Explicating Artificial Intelligence: Applications in Medicine and Pharmacy. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):401-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00061
Ajay I. Patel, Pooja K. Khunti, Amit J. Vyas, Ashok B. Patel. Explicating Artificial Intelligence: Applications in Medicine and Pharmacy. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):401-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00061 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-16
1. Ramesh AN, Kambhampati C, Monson JR, Drew PJ. Artificial intelligence in medicine. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2004;86(5):334-338. doi:10.1308/147870804290
2. Sindhu J, Renee Namratha. Impact of Artificial Intelligence in chosen Indian Commercial Bank –A Cost Benefit Analysis. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(4):377-384.
3. Mak KK, Pichika MR. Artificial intelligence in drug development: present status and future prospects. Drug discovery today. 2019 Mar 1;24(3):773-80.doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2018.11.014
4. Aayush K., Vishal D., Hammad N., Manu K. S. Application of Artificial Intelligence in Curbing Air Pollution: The Case of India. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(3):285-290.
5. Briganti G, Le Moine O. Artificial intelligence in medicine: today and tomorrow. Frontiers in medicine. 2020 Feb 5;7:27. doi: 10.3389/fmed.2020.00027
6. Kostić EJ, Pavlović DA, Živković MD. Applications of artificial intelligence in medicine and pharmacy: Ethical aspects. Acta Medica Medianae. 2019;58(3):128-37. doi:10.5633/amm.2019.0319
7. Wirth N. Hello marketing, what can artificial intelligence help you with? International Journal of Market Research. 2018;60(5):435-438. doi:10.1177/1470785318776841
8. Kaplan A, Haenlein M. Siri, Siri, in my hand: Who’s the fairest in the land? On the interpretations, illustrations, and implications of artificial intelligence. Business Horizons. 2019 Jan 1;62(1):15-25. doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2018.08.004
9. “Types of Artificial intelligence” December 2021, https://www.forbes.com/sites/cognitiveworld/2019/06/19/7-types-of-artificial-intelligence/?sh=1d2bff64233e
10. Villanueva BM, Salenga ML. Bitter melon crop yield prediction using machine learning algorithm. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 2018 Mar 1;9:1-6.
11. Matheny M, Israni ST, Ahmed M, Whicher D. Artificial intelligence in health care: the hope, the hype, the promise, the peril. Washington, DC: National Academy of Medicine. 2019 Dec.
12. Pandit M. Expert system–A review article. International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology. 2013;2(6):1583-5.
13. Reshamwala A, Mishra D, Pawar P. Review on natural language processing. IRACST Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ). 2013;3(1):113-6.
14. Rashmi R., Nirmal Raj VK. A Study on the Implementation and the Impact of Artificial Intelligence in Banking Processes. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(1):47-54.
15. Ingrand F, Ghallab M. Robotics and artificial intelligence: A perspective on deliberation functions. AI communications. 2014 Jan 1;27(1):63-80. DOI: 10.3233/AIC-130578
16. “What is computer vision?” December 2021, https://www.ibm.com/in-en/topics/computer-vision
17. Meenakshi K, Maragatham G. Computational Intelligence in Diagnosis and Prognosis of Gestational Diabetes using Deep Learning. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(8):3891-3895.
18. Gaikwad SK, Gawali BW, Yannawar P. A review on speech recognition technique. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010 Nov;10(3):16-24.
19. Sharma MK, Kumar O. Speech recognition: A review. International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications (IJANA). 2014:62-71.
20. Meenakshi K, Safa M, Karthick T, Sivaranjani N. A Novel Study of Machine Learning Algorithms for Classifying Health Care Data. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(5): 1429-1432.
21. Chahal A, Gulia P. Machine learning and deep learning. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 2019;8(12):4910-4.
22. A. B. Nassif, I. Shahin, I. Attili, M. Azzeh and K. Shaalan, "Speech Recognition Using Deep Neural Networks: A Systematic Review," in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 19143-19165, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2896880.
23. Scott D Nelson, PharmD, MS, Colin G Walsh, MD, MA, Casey A Olsen, PharmD, Andrew J McLaughlin, PharmD, MBA, Joseph R LeGrand, PharmD, MS, Nick Schutz, PharmD, Thomas A Lasko, MD, PhD, Demystifying artificial intelligence in pharmacy, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, Volume 77, Issue 19, 1 October 2020, Pages 1556–1570, doi.org/10.1093/ajhp/zxaa218
24. Hossein Niavand, Farzaneh Haghighat Nia. Data Mining, Applications Tools in Insurance Strategies. Asian Journal of Management. 2020; 11(1):38-42.
25. Megha Mishra, Vishnu Kumar Mishra, H.R. Sharma. An Impact of Machine Learning with Lexcio-Syntatics Features of Question Classification. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 3(4): Oct-Dec. 2012 page 327-331.
26. Avinash Dhole, Mohan Awasthy, Sanjay Kumar. Synchronous Q Learning Based Technique for Performance Improvement in Multi core Processors. Int. J. Tech. 2018; 8(2): 86-99.
27. “What is Deep Learning?” january 2022, https://www.ibm.com/cloud/learn/deep-learning
28. Merlin N.J., Shaji Selvin, Sukesh T.N.. Nano Technology –Potential Applications in Medicine. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 1(2): April-June 2011; Page 31-35.
29. Mohammed Yousef Shaheen. Adoption of machine learning for medical diagnosis. ScienceOpen Preprints. DOI: 10.14293/S2199-1006.1.SOR-.PPHMKA6.v1
30. Mikusev GI, Baikeev RF, Magomedov RO, Mikusev IE, Mishakin TS. Prognosis of Long-term Postoperative Complications after Surgical Treatment of Dupuytren's Disease (Contracture). Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019 Mar 1;12(3):1055-65.
31. Patil SM, Sapkale GN, Kumbhar PB, Maske AP. Quality Assurance in Clinical Trial. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2010; 2(1):01-04.
32. Sarfaraz Ahmad, Ambreen Shoaib, Sajid Ali, Sarfaraz Alam, Nawazish Alam, Maksood Ali, Ali Mujtaba, Ayaz Ahmad, Salahuddin Ansari, Mohammad Daud Ali. Epidemiology, risk, myths, pharmacotherapeutic management and socio economic burden due to novel COVID-19: A recent update. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9):4435-4442.
33. “The Medical futurist” january 2022, https://medicalfuturist.com/fda-approved-ai-based-algorithms/