Kaman Kumar, Pooja Singh, Divya Sharma, Akanksha Singh, Himanshu Gupta, Arjun Singh
Kaman Kumar1, Pooja Singh1, Divya Sharma1, Akanksha Singh1, Himanshu Gupta1, Arjun Singh2*
1Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bhagwant University, Sikar Road, Ajmer, Rajasthan 305004, India.
2Department of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, United States.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
In today's societies, Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a significant issue. In the US, more than five million people, most of whom are 65 or older, suffer from Alzheimer's disease. By 2060, there will be fourteen million Americans living with Alzheimer's disease, according to a report by the Alzheimer's Association. To find hits with polypharmacological activities, libraries of compounds can be biologically screened based on these targets. These hits can have their structural properties altered to improve the overall profile, just like molecules created using techniques based on knowledge or medicinal chemistry. Designing multi-target ligands against key targets of interest would undoubtedly benefit from knowledge of the roles played by various targets in the development of AD as well as pharmacophores with related biological activities. Computational tools are used to assist in the design of potential polypharmacological lead molecular scaffolds, in addition to knowledge-based and biological screening-based approaches. It is becoming more common to use pharmacophore modelling, machine learning, and structure-based virtual screening to forecast biological activity and target-ligand interaction for various chemical libraries.
Cite this article:
Kaman Kumar, Pooja Singh, Divya Sharma, Akanksha Singh, Himanshu Gupta, Arjun Singh. Prospective Current Novel Drug Target for the Identification of Natural Therapeutic Targets for Alzheimer's Disease. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2023; 13(3):171-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2023.00030
Kaman Kumar, Pooja Singh, Divya Sharma, Akanksha Singh, Himanshu Gupta, Arjun Singh. Prospective Current Novel Drug Target for the Identification of Natural Therapeutic Targets for Alzheimer's Disease. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2023; 13(3):171-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2023.00030 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-3-3
1. Gautam, Yashveer, Sonam Dwivedi, Ankita Srivastava, Hamidullah, Arjun Singh, D. Chanda, Jyotsna Singh, Smita Rai, Rituraj Konwar, and Arvind S. Negi. “2-(3′,4′-Dimethoxybenzylidene)Tetralone Induces Anti-Breast Cancer Activity through Microtubule Stabilization and Activation of Reactive Oxygen Species.” RSC Advances 6, no. 40 (April 5, 2016): 33369–79. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6RA02663J.
2. Hamid, A.A., Mohammad Hasanain, Arjun Singh, Balakishan Bhukya, Omprakash, Prema G. Vasudev, Jayanta Sarkar, et al. “Synthesis of Novel Anticancer Agents through Opening of Spiroacetal Ring of Diosgenin.” Steroids 87 (September 2014): 108–18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2014.05.025.
3. Jain, Shilpi, Arjun Singh, Puja Khare, D. Chanda, Disha Mishra, Karuna Shanker, and Tanmoy Karak. “Toxicity Assessment of Bacopa Monnieri L. Grown in Biochar Amended Extremely Acidic Coal Mine Spoils.” Ecological Engineering 108 (November 2017): 211–19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2017.08.039.
4. Mishra, Disha, Jyotshna, Arjun Singh, D. Chanda, K. Shanker, and Puja Khare. “Potential of Di-Aldehyde Cellulose for Sustained Release of Oxytetracycline: A Pharmacokinetic Study.” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 136 (September 2019): 97–105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2019.06.043.
5. Sathish Kumar, B., Aastha Singh, Amit Kumar, Jyotsna Singh, Mohammad Hasanain, Arjun Singh, Nusrat Masood, et al. “Synthesis of Neolignans as Microtubule Stabilisers.” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 22, no. 4 (February 2014): 1342–54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2013.12.067.
6. Singh, Arjun, Ipsita Mohanty, Jagmohan Singh, and Satish Rattan. “BDNF Augments Rat Internal Anal Sphincter Smooth Muscle Tone via RhoA/ROCK Signaling and Nonadrenergic Noncholinergic Relaxation via Increased NO Release.” American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 318, no. 1 (January 1, 2020): G23–33. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpgi.00247.2019.
7. Singh, Arjun, and Satish Rattan. “BDNF Rescues Aging-Associated Internal Anal Sphincter Dysfunction.” American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 321, no. 1 (July 1, 2021): G87–97. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpgi.00090.2021.
8. Singh, Arjun, Jagmohan Singh, and Satish Rattan. “Evidence for the Presence and Release of BDNF in the Neuronal and Non‐neuronal Structures of the Internal Anal Sphincter.” Neurogastroenterology & Motility, February 24, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/nmo.14099.
9. Sachin Nai, Jitendra Pujari. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on knowledge regarding Alzheimer disease among the family member of elderly person in selected area at Udaipur city. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 10(3):203-6.
10. Mr. Rajesh Joshi. A Study to assess effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Alzheimer diseases among Geriatric peoples in selected old age home in Mehsana. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(2):202-204.
11. Rahul P. Jadhav, Manohar D. Kengar, Omkar V. Narule, Vikranti W. Koli, Suraj B. Kumbhar. A Review on Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and its Herbal Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2019; 9(2):112-122.
12. Muhammad Arba, Jasriati Jasriati. Structure-based Pharmacophore Modelling for identifying VEGFR2 Inhibitor. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3129-3134.
13. Manmohan, S., Arjun, S., Khan, S. P., Eram, S., & Sachan, N. K., 2012. Green chemistry potential for past, present and future perspectives. International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 3, 31-36.
14. Singh A, Kumar BS, Alam S, Iqbal H, Shafiq M, Khan F, Negi AS, Hanif K, Chanda D. Corrigendum to "Diethyl-4,4'-dihydroxy-8,3'-neolign-7,7'-dien-9,9'-dionate exhibits AH activity in rats through increase in intracellular cGMP level and blockade of calcium channels" [Eur. J. Pharmacol. 799 (2017) 84-93]. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017 Jul 5;806:111. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2017.04.033. Erratum for: Eur J Pharmacol. 2017 Mar 15;799:84-93. PMID: 28495016.
15. Singh, A., R. Sharma, K. M. Anand, S. P. Khan, and N. K. Sachan. "Food-drug interaction." International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Chemical Science 1, no. 1 (2012): 264-279.
16. Kuppusamy Ashok Kumar, Puliyath Jagannath, Mariadas Francis Saleshier. Discovery of Novel Flavonoid Analogues as Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors based on Pharmacophore Modelling and Virtual Screening Techniques. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(10): 4370-4378.
17. V. S. Kawade, S. S. Kumbhar, P. B. Choudhari, M. S. Bhatia. 3D QSAR and Pharmacophore Modelling of some Pyrimidine Analogs as CDK4 Inhibitors. Asian J. Research Chem 8(4): April 2015; Page 231-235.
18. Arjun Singh. A Review of various aspects of the Ethnopharmacological, Phytochemical, Pharmacognostical, and Clinical significance of selected Medicinal plants. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):349-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00055
19. VV Buchake, AP Muthal, RB Saudagar , RS Bachhav. A Neurodegenerative disorder-Alzheimer disease: A Treatise. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2010; 2(4): 268-273.
20. P Vijayalakshmi, R Radha. In vitro Anti-Alzheimer and Anti Oxidant activity of the Peels of Citrus maxima fruits. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2016; 8(1): January -March, 17-22.
21. K. Periyanayagam, Gokila. S, K.G. Balasubramaniam, P.A.T. Jagatheeswary, J. Suriakumar, R. Parameshwari. Protective Effect of the Leaves of Solanum torvums wartz on Drosophila melanogaster against β-Amyloid Induced Alzheimer Disease. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(6): June, 2015; Page 719-727.
22. Kayalvili Sanmugam. Depression is a Risk Factor for Alzheimer Disease- Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(8): August, 2015; Page1056-1058.
23. Malarkodi Velraj, N. Lavaniya.. Alzheimer Disease and a Potential Role of Herbs-A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(6): 2695-2700.
24. Hussam M. Zan, Murtada K. Adea, Deeaa K. Abd Ali. Research Determination of the Dementia among Nursing Homes Residents. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(10): 4439-4442.
25. Senthil Venkatachalam, Ayush Jaiswal, Anindita De, Rohith Krishnan Vijayakumar. Repurposing Drugs for Management of Alzheimer Disease. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(6):3078-3088.
26. Sudha. R, Sathesh Kumar Sukumaran. Anti-Oxidants used for the Treatment of Alzheimer Disease. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(1): 475-480.
27. Mokhamad Fahmi Rizki Syaban, Rislan Faiz Muhammad, Basyar Adnani, Gumilar Fardhani Ami Putra, Nabila Erina Erwan, Safira Dita Arviana, Agung Dwi Krisnayana, Dedy Budi Kurniawan. Molecular Docking Studies of Interaction Curcumin against Beta-secretase 1, Amyloid A4 Protein, Gamma-secretase and Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3β as Target Therapy for Alzheimer Disease. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3069-4.