Swati Siddheshwar Londhe, Mangesh Gautam Bhosale, Amol Arun Joshi
Swati Siddheshwar Londhe1*, Mangesh Gautam Bhosale2, Dr. Amol Arun Joshi3
1Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics, ASPM’S K. T. Patil College of Pharmacy, Osmanabad - 413501, Maharashtra.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Ramkrinshna Paramhansa College, Osmanabad - 413501, Maharashtra.
3Principal, Department of Pharmacognosy, ASPM’S K. T. Patil College of Pharmacy, Osmanabad-413501, Maharashtra.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
The aim of present study was to formulation and development of whitening polyherbal face wash comprising extracts of Curcuma longa, Lemon Extract, Liquorice Extract, Kojic acid, AHA-BHA, Nicotinamide, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic acid, Vitamin E, This preparation is not contains only herbs it also contains some chemicals which is gives the best result for skin.The plants have been reported in the literature having good anti-microbial, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory activity. Prepared formulation was evaluated for various parameters like colour, appearance, consistency, pH, viscosity, Washability, Irritancy test, stability studies. Results showed that the gels were non-irritant, stable and possess all skin problem activity. The efficacy when tested with a standard was almost same to that of polyherbal gel. I concluded that from this study, extract was proved to be stable and considered as an effective herbal formulation for skin whitening-lightening face wash.
Cite this article:
Swati Siddheshwar Londhe, Mangesh Gautam Bhosale, Amol Arun Joshi. Formulation and Evaluation of Skin Whitening- Lightening Herbal Facewash. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4):245-249. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2020.00041.0
Swati Siddheshwar Londhe, Mangesh Gautam Bhosale, Amol Arun Joshi. Formulation and Evaluation of Skin Whitening- Lightening Herbal Facewash. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4):245-249. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2020.00041.0 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-4-5
1. Mali S.A., Karekar P., Dr. Yadav A.V., “Formulation and evaluation of multipurpose herbal cream”, International Journal of Science and Research, 2015; 4(11): 2319-7064.
2. Meena K.R., Pareek A., Meena R.R., “Antimicrobial activity of Aegle marmelos (Rutaceae) plant extracts” International Journal of Medi Pharm Research, 2016; 2: 01-05
3. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, US National Institutes of Health. September 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
4. R. G. Jones, J. Kahovec, R. Stepto, E. S. Wilks, M. Hess, T. Kitayama, W. V. Metanomski (2008). IUPAC. Compendium of Polymer Terminology and Nomenclature, IUPAC Recommendations 2008 (the “Purple Book”) RSC Publishing, Cambridge, UK.
5. Rashmee Z Ahmed (30 September 2004). "Traditional diabetes remedy offers hope". The Times of India Mali S.A., Karekar P., Dr. Yadav A.V., “Formulation and evaluation of Multipurpose herbal cream”, International Journal of Science and Research, 2015; 4(11): 2319-7064.
6. Fatima G. X., Joan V.R., Rahul R.S., Shanthi S., Latha S., Shanmuganathan S., “Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal anti-acne Gel”, Adv J Pharm Life Sci Res, 2015; 1: 5-8.
7. Abbasi M.A., Kausar A., Rehman A., Hina S., Jahangir M. S., Siddiqui S.Z., “Preparation of new formulations of anti-acne creams and their efficacy”, African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, June 2010; 4(6): 298-303.
8. Khan N., Karodi R., Siddiqui A., Thube S., Rub R., “Development of anti-acne gel formulation of anthraquinones rich fraction from Rubia cordifolia (Rubiaceae)”, International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products, Jan 2012; 4(4): 28-36.
9. Aruna M.S., Sravani A., Reshma V., Priya N.S., Prabha M.S., Rao N.R., “Formulation and evalution of herbal acne gel”, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2015; 4(5):2324-2330.
10. Patil S.C., Gadade D.D, Rathi P.B., “Design, Development and Evaluation of Herbal Gel for Treatment of Psoriasis” Journal of Innovations in Pharmaceuticals and Biological Sciences, 2015; 2(1): 72-87.
11. K. Yamini., T. Onesimus.“Preparation and Evaluation of Herbal Anti-Acne Gel”, International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, 2013; (P): 956 – 960.