Aman Yadav, Dinesh Kumar Mishra, Pritesh Paliwal, Nadeem Farooqui, Arpit Gawshinde
Aman Yadav*, Dinesh Kumar Mishra, Pritesh Paliwal, Nadeem Farooqui, Arpit Gawshinde
Indore Institute of Pharmacy, Indore (M.P.).
Volume - 11,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
Moringa oleifera family Moringaceae and Ocimum sanctum family Labiatae has been reported to possess antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiinflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Moringa oleifera and Ocimum sanctum extracts have been used to treat antimicrobial infections. The aim of this present study is to formulate and evaluate of polyherbal anti-aging cream by combining the extract of Moringa oleifera with Ocimum sanctum to achieve multipurpose skin effects such as anti-aging, fairness, softening and antiseptic effects.The polyherbal anti-aging cream formulations comprising of hydroalcoholic extract of Moringa oleifera and Ocimum sanctum, carbapol 940, xanthan gum, stearic acid, glycerol monostearate and cetyl alcohol were prepared and evaluated for physicochemical parameters and the results showed the production of stable polyherbal anti-aging cream. The formulated polyherbal anti-aging cream (O/W) was subjected to characterize like visual inspection, pH, viscosity, good spreadability, good consistency, homogeneity, no evidence of phase separation and ease to washable from skin. Formulation (F4) exhibited fulfilled the objectives of the current research and % drug release is 98.78 and exhibit good anti-microbial activity.
Cite this article:
Aman Yadav, Dinesh Kumar Mishra, Pritesh Paliwal, Nadeem Farooqui, Arpit Gawshinde. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Antiaging Cream. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 11(4):284-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2021.00047
Aman Yadav, Dinesh Kumar Mishra, Pritesh Paliwal, Nadeem Farooqui, Arpit Gawshinde. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Antiaging Cream. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 11(4):284-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2021.00047 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-4-5
1. Surya Prabha. Matangi, Santhosh Aruna et al, “Formulation and Evaluation of Anti Aging Poly Herbal Cream” Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 2014; 24(2), 133-136.
2. Parashar Bharat, Sharma Pankaj, et al. “Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal face cream” International Pharmaceutica Science, 2013; 3 (3), 63-68.
3. Ranjana T, Tripathi V. “Therapeutic effect of tulsi (ocimum sanctum linn) in general and oral health. Ayurlog” National Journal of Research in Ayurvedic Science, 2015; 3, 1-12.
4. Ashish Aswal*, Mohini Kalra et. al, “Preparation and evaluation of polyherbal cosmetic cream” Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2013; 5 (1), 83-88.
5. Shankar R, Sarangi B, Gupta R, Pathak K. “Formulation and characterization of polyherbal cream for skin manifestations”. J Asian Assoc Sch Pharm. 2016; 1, 360–366.
6. T. Mangilal, Rao Patnaik et al, “Preparation and evaluation of poly herbal anti-aging cream by using different synthetic polymers” International Journal of Herbal Medicine, 2017; 5(6), 92-95.
7. Pawar AP, Pawar DN, Dalvi Y V. “Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Soap”. Res J Top Cosmet Sci. 2019; 10(1), 23.
8. Ranjana T, Tripathi V. “Therapeutic effect of tulsi (ocimum sanctum linn) in general and oral health”. Ayurlog: National Journal of Research in Ayurved Science, 2015; 3, 1-12.
9. Waseem Sameer Kwami, Hamodi Ahmed Saeed, et al, “Screening the Antibacterial Activity of Moringa Oleifera Leaves and Seeds Extract against Selected Members of Bacteria”. Saudi J Pathol Microbiol, 2020; 5(8), 370-373.
10. R. Dilmel Krishnan, M. Vijaya Kumar et al, “Design and Development of Polyherbal Based Cream Formulation with Anti-Skin Ageing Benefits” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2017; 8(10), 4147-4158.
11. Aswal A, Kalra M, Rout A et al. “Preparation and evaluation of polyherbal cosmetic cream”. Der Pharm Lett. 2013; 5(1), 83–88.
12. Suleiman Yunusa, Aminu U Kura et al, “Phytoconstituents and In-vivo antioxidant activity of ethanol leaf extract of Moringa oleifera Lam (Moringacea) in Mice”. Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2019; 3(3), 43-47.
13. Sharma Satish, Singh Reeti et al, “Antifungal Activity of Leaf Extracts of Ocimum sanctum against Fungal Pathogens”. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 2019; 8(4), 1210-1214.
14. Mofijur M, Masjuki HH, Kalam MA et al. “Comparative evaluation of performance and emission characteristics of Moringa oleifera and Palm oil based biodiesel in a diesel engine”. Int. Crops Prod, 2014; 5(3), 78–84.
15. S Parasuraman, S Balamurugan, Christapher PV et al, “Evaluation of antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic effects of hydroalcoholic extract of leaves of Ocimum tenuiflorum (Lamiaceae) and Prediction of Biological Activity of its Phytoconstituents”. Phcog Res., 2015; 7, 156-165.