Oral controlled drug delivery systems represent the foremost widespread kind of sustained drug delivery systems for the plain blessings of oral route of drug administration. Suchsystemsrelease the drug with constant or variable unleash rates. The oral controlled releasesystems show a typical pattern of drug unleash within which the drug concentration is maintained inthe therapeutic window for a chronic amount of your time (sustained release), thereby guaranteeingsustained therapeutic action. They are used as single dosage form. Present work involvespreparation and analysis of sustained release beads of beads of Meclizine Hydrochloride using Sodium alginate as natural polymer as well as Hydroxyl Propyl Methyl Cellulose K15, Sodium CMC. The technique employed for preparation of beads of the drug is ionotropic gelation.
Cite this article:
Neha Deshmukh. Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Hydrogel Alginate Beads of Meclizine Hydrochloride. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(3):202-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00033
Neha Deshmukh. Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Hydrogel Alginate Beads of Meclizine Hydrochloride. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(3):202-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00033 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-3-2
1. Menon TV, Sajeeth CI. Formulation and evaluation of sustained release sodium alginate microbeads of carvedilol. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2013;6(4):392-7. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X
2. Sivakumar R, Narayanan N, Rajendran NN. Bioadhesive Microbeads of Ketoprofen for Controlled and Site Specific Delivery. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(3):385-8.
3. Malviya VR, Tawar MG. Preparation and Evaluation of Oral Dispersible Strips of Teneligliptin Hydrobromide for Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 Jan 31;13(1):4745-52. https://doi.org/10.37285/ijpsn.2020.13.1.2
4. Masareddy RS, Rananaware SD, Patil BR. Preparation and Characterization of Rabeprazole Gastroretentive Drug Delivery System by Ionotropic Gelation Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3(2):526-9.
5. Gupta SS, Sahu G, Sharma M, Chandrakar S, Sahu VD, Sharma G, Dewangan K, Solanki H, Majumdar M, Tripathi DK, Alexander A. Preparation and Optimization of floating microbeads of ciprofloxacin HCl. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016;9(7):848-52. 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00305.4
6. Malviya V, Thakur Y, Gudadhe SS, Tawar M. Formulation and evaluation of natural gum based fast dissolving tablet of Meclizine hydrochloride by using 3 factorial design 2. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2020;6(2):94-100.
7. Malviya V. Design and Characterization of Thermosensitive Mucoadhesive Nasal Gel for Meclizine Hydrochloride. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2022 Feb 28;15(1):5782-93.
8. Roy H, Balaiah S, Kumar TV. Design and In-vitro Evaluation of Cefuroxime axetil floating Microbeads for Treatment of acute Bacterial caused Chronic Bronchitis. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018;11(6):2276-82. 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00422.5
9. Malviya VR, Pande SD, Bobade NN. Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Beads of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(12):5972-6. 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.01037.0
10. Malviya V, Manekar S. Design, Development and Evaluation of Aceclofenac and Curcumin Agglomerates by Crystallo Co-Agglomeration Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Mar 18;14(3):1535-41. 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00272.9
11. Rajge R, Mahanur V, Tawar M. Effect on drug release profile of meclizine hydrochloride by using various dissolution media. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Aug 14;11(3):191-7.
12. Malviya V, Ladhake V, Gajbiye K, Satao J, Tawar M. Design and Characterization of Phase Transition System of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride for Nasal Drug Delivery System. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 May 31;13(3):4942-51. https://doi.org/10.37285/ijpsn.2020.13.3.8
13. Gajbhiye K, Hakam N, Rathod G, Tawar M. Formulation and evaluation of transdermal patches of benidipine hydrochloride. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Sep 1;11(3). https://doi.org/10.52711/2231-5713.2021.00034
14. Malviya VR, Pande SD. Road CKN. Preparation ad Evaluation of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride Lozenge. J Pharma Res. 2019;8(8):624-9.
15. Malviya V. Preparation and Evaluation of Emulsomes as a Drug Delivery System for Bifonazole. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2021 Jan 1;55(1):86-94. 10.5530/ijper.55.1.12
16. Das B, Dutta S, Nayak AK, Nanda U. Zinc alginate-carboxymethyl cashew gum microbeads for prolonged drug release: development and optimization. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2014 Sep 1;70:506-15. 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2014.07.030
17. Manjanna KM, Kumar TP, Shivakumar B. Calcium alginate cross-linked polymeric microbeads for oral sustained drug delivery in arthritis. Drug Discoveries and Therapeutics. 2010 Apr 1;4(2):109-22.
18. Odeku OA, Okunlola A, Lamprecht A. Microbead design for sustained drug release using four natural gums. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2013 Jul 1;58:113-20. 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2013.03.049
19. Reddy T, Tammishetti S. Gastric resistant microbeads of metal ion cross-linked carboxymethyl guar gum for oral drug delivery. Journal of Microencapsulation. 2002 Jan 1;19(3):311-8. https://doi.org/10.1080/02652040110081389
20. Malviya V, Pande S. Development and Evaluation of Fast dissolving Film of Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Oct 31;14(10):5345-50. 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00932.