Ayanam Vasanthi, Ayanam Vasavi, Miriyala Mrunalini G. Raveendra Babu, M. Sowjanya
Ayanam Vasanthi1*, Ayanam Vasavi1, Miriyala Mrunalini1 G. Raveendra Babu2, M. Sowjanya3
1Department of Pharmaceutics, A.K.R.G. College of Pharmacy, Nallajerla, W.G. Dist., Andhra Pradesh.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, A.K.R.G. College of Pharmacy, Nallajerla, W.G. Dist., Andhra Pradesh.
3Department of Chemistry, Vijaya Teja Degree College, Addanki, Andhra Pradesh.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Currently, this study focuses on developing immediate-release Fexofenadine hydrochloride tablets. The Fexofenadine HCl tablets have super disintegrants that help to accelerate dissolution and bioavailability. Sodium lauryl sulphate, microcrystalline cellulose as filler, crospovidone, and sodium starch glycolate were used to make the tablets using a direct compression method (2-8 percent). Pre and post compressional parameters were used in the preparation of the tablets. The In-vitro disintegration study shows that as concentration of sodium starch glycolate is increased, there is an increase in the amount of time it takes for the solution to disintegrate, but at the same time, there is a decrease in the amount of time it takes for the solution to disintegrate when the crospovidone level is increased. When combined with the crospovidone tablet formulation, the test found that the resulting tablets broke down in approximately 3 to 6 minutes, with enough force to release the fragments but not to harm the friability of the product. It was found that Fexofenadine hydrochloride tablet, a fast-acting form of treatment for allergic rhinitis, could be formulated in an immediate-release form.
Cite this article:
Ayanam Vasanthi, Ayanam Vasavi, Miriyala Mrunalini G. Raveendra Babu, M. Sowjanya. Design, Formulation and Evaluation of Fexofenadine HCl Immediate Release Tablets by Solid Dispersion Method using Solvent Evaporation Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):290-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00047
Ayanam Vasanthi, Ayanam Vasavi, Miriyala Mrunalini G. Raveendra Babu, M. Sowjanya. Design, Formulation and Evaluation of Fexofenadine HCl Immediate Release Tablets by Solid Dispersion Method using Solvent Evaporation Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):290-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00047 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-2
1. M.L.R. Medina, V. Kumar. Evaluation of cellulose II powders as a potential multifunctional excipient in tablet formulations, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 322, pp: 31-35 (2006).
2. M.C. Gohel, Improving the Tablet Characteristics and Dissolution Profile of Ibuprofen by using a Novel Co processed Superdisintegrant, AAPS, Pharm SciTech, vol. 8, no.1, Article 13: E1-E6 (2007).
3. European Pharmacopoeia Supplement, Strasbourg, France: Council of Europe. 2002
4. A. Goran. Tablets and compaction, in Aulton, M. E., Pharmaceutics, The Science of Dosage Form Design, 2nd Edition, Churchill Livingstone, New York, , pp. 397-440. 2002
5. A. John, M. Chris. Modified-release peroral dosage forms, in: Aulton, M.E., Pharmaceutics, The science of dosage form design, 2nd Edition, Churchill Livingstone, New York, pp. 289-305. 2002
6. Azeem S, Sharma S. Immediate drug delivery systems: review, Int. J. Biopharm. Toxicol., vol. 1, no. 1, pp 24-46, 2011
7. Leah E, Appel DT, Friesen JE, Byers MD, Crew BC, Hancock SJ, Schadtle. Immediate release dosage forms containing solid drug disbursion, U.S. Patent, pp 424 465; 2002.
8. Mishra B, Shukla D, Chakraborty S, Singh S, An overview of formulation of mouth dissolving tablets, Scientia Pharmaceutica, pp 77, 309-326. 2009
9. Menat AK, Patel MS, Patel MR, Patel NM, Fast dissolving tablets a novel approach to drug delivery. Asian J. Pharm. Sci. Res., vol. 2, no. 8, pp 13-21. 2012
10. Garg A, Gupta MM, A review of mouth dissolving tablets. J. Drug Delivery Therapeutics, vol. 3, no.2, pp 207-214. 2013
11. Jagani H, Patel R, Upadhyay P, Bhangale J, Kosalge S, Fast dissolving tablet on present and future prospectus. J. Advances In Pharmacy And Healthcare, vol. 2, no. 1, pp 57-69. Res. 2011
12. Hirani JJ, Rathod DA, Vadalia KR, A review in orally disintegrating tablets. Tropical J. Pharm., vol. 8, no. 2, pp 161-172. Res. 2009
13. Patel P, Dhanani C, Kadeval A, Patel M, Patel N‚ Patel R, A modern approach on fast dissolving tablets. Int. J. Modern Pharm., vol. 1, no.2, pp 1-17. Res. 2012
14. Leon Lachmann, Herbert A, Liberman, Joseph L.Kaing, The theory and practice of Industrial Pharmacy: pp 293-303.
15. Ansel‘s Pharmaceutical dosage forms and drug delivery systems, eighth edition, pp 227- 260.
16. Snehal B. Kulkarni, M. M. Bari, S. D. Barhate, Ashutosh Tripath. Formulation and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablet of Efavirenz by Micellar Solubilization Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(1): 12-18.
17. Rajeshree Panigrahi, K.A. Chowdary, Gitanjali Mishra, Manas Bhowmik, Saiprasanna Behera. Formulation of fast dissolving tablets of Lisinopril using combination of synthetic superdisintegrants. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2(3): July-Sept. 2012; Page 94-98.
18. S. Kumara Swamy, G. Arun, Bethi Srinivas, Agaiah Goud B. Effect of Various Super Disintegrants on the Drug Release Profile of Orally Disintegrating Tablets. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2016; 6(2): 99-105.
19. Renuka S. Deshmukh, M. M. Bari, S. D. Barhate. Formulation and Evaluation of Orodispersible Tablet of Naratriptan HCl. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2018; 8 (3):139-144 .
20. Design and Evaluation of the Fast Dissolving Tablets of Aceclofenac by Sublimation Technique. Sumanta Malakar, Ashok Kumar P., Suresh V. Kulkarni, Someshwara Rao B., Amit S. Yadav. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2010; 2(3):233-236 .
21. V. Saikishore, G. Srikanth, Ch. Pooja, Y. Mrudula, R. Pavani, Ch. Jyosthna , C. Mayuren. Design and Development of Fast Dissolving Tablets of Glibenclamide. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2011; 3(5): 225-229.
22. A. Pavan Kumar, V. Sai Kishore, T. E. Gopala Krishna Murthy, K. Madhu Babu,. Formulation of Valsartan Fast Dissolving Tablets Using Novel Co Processed Superdisintegrants. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2012; 4(1): 52-55.
23. Sharad A. More, Shrinivas K. Mohite. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Orodispersible Tablet of Omeprazole by Using Co-Processed Superdisintegrant. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2012; 4(4): 216-220.
24. V. Kalyani, V. Sai Kishore, U. Kartheek, S. Aruna, A. Navya Krishna. Design and Development of Olanzapine Immediate Release Tablets by using Natural Super Disintegrant. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 6(2):April- June 2014; Page 85-90.
25. V. Kalyani, V. Sai Kishore, U. Kartheek, S. Aruna, A. Navya Krishna. Design and Development of Olanzapine Immediate Release Tablets by using Natural Super Disintegrant. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 6(2):April- June 2014; Page 85-90.
26. Omprasad Nayakal, Prajakta Patil, Mangesh Bhutkar, Dheeraj Randive, Somnath Bhinge. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablets containing Clopidogrel bisulfate using holy basil seeds as a natural superdisintegrant. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 2018; 10(4): 209-214.
27. Ranabir Chanda, H. Padmalata 1 Venkatesh, Janmajoy Banerjee Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Disintegrating Tablets of Ondansetron Hydrochloride. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2019; 11(1):53-63.
28. Y. Krishna Reddy1*, Gopagoni lavanya. Formulation and In Vitro Evaluation of orally Disintegrating Tablets of Amlodipine Besylate. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2019; 11(4):264-268.
29. SC Jagdale, AR Chabukswar, BS Kuchekar, AN Padalkar, AU Kale. Comparative Evaluation of Superdisintegrants with Formulation Development of Orodispersible Tablets of Mosapride Citrate Dihydrate. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2(1): Jan.-Mar. 2009; Page 91-96.
30. Venkatalakshmi R, Sasikala C, SP Silambarasan. Formulation and Evaluation of Loperamide Hydrochloride Mouth Dissolving Tablet by Using Super Disintegrants. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 3(2): April- June 2010; Page 530-534.