Coronavirus (CoVs) is a type of enveloped RNA virus that is found in animals and humans. There are near about six different species of CoVs are available and all of them can cause different health issue to human. In human this virus can effect respiratory, hepatic, enteric and neurological system. The past Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus has been transmitted from animal to human. Presently there is a new strain of corona virus, named SARS-CoV-2, causing serious health crises to human. This virus is highly contagious and has resulted in a rapid pandemic of COVID-19. The number of infected people and death caused by COVID-19 is increasing day by day. This review will provide a detailed overview of COVID-19 and its serious effect to the human health.
Cite this article:
Subhashis Debnath, Jaya Saha. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): A global threat. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(1):63-9. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00011
Subhashis Debnath, Jaya Saha. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): A global threat. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(1):63-9. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00011 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-11
1. K. Nalini Devi, Juliana Shanthi Rosy. ECMO therapy for COVID-19. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):299-301. Peiris JS, Lai ST, Poon LL, Guan Y, Yam LY, Lim W, et al. Lancet, 2003;361:1319–25.
2. Subhashis Debnath, Runa Chakravorty, Donita Devi. COVID 19 and its management. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):117-1.
3. Archana B. Chavhan, Pavan S. Jadhav, Satish Shelke. COVID 19: Outbreak, Structure and Current therapeutic strategies. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2021; 11(1):76-83.
4. Gurvishal Sinha. The vista of Pandemic in the world and its adaptation by Society: Statistical significant precautions on COVID. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):453-456.
5. Ritik S. Jain, Tejas G. Jain, Suraj K. Ishikar. Impact of Covid-19 on Changing Habits and Health Issues of the Public. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):524-528.
6. Niloy Sarkar, Bijoy Kumar Mandal, Soumya Paul. Activity, Effect on Human and Salvation from effect of COVID-19. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):228-4.
7. B. V. Naresh. A Review of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(3):233-238.
8. Vaishnavi. K. Patil, Azam. Z. Shaikh. Corona (Covid - 19). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(4):275-285.
9. Vishwanath Biradar, Prerana Dalvi. Impact of COVID19 on Child Health: Parents Perspective. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):463-467.
10. Atul Sharma, Keerthi Mohanan. Obstacles Faced by Nurses working in Covid-19 Unit: A Developing Country view Point. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):459-462.
11. Darshana Kumari Wankhede. COVID-19- Problem faced by Indians during Lockdown. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):501-504.
12. Melisa Fernandes, Jyoti R. Thakur, Manisha S. Gavanje. A Study to assess knowledge regarding covid-19 among Nursing students. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(1):65-67.
13. Subhashis Debnath, Runa Chakravorty, Donita Devi. A Review on Role of Medicinal plants in Immune system. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4):273-277.
14. Mayur S. Jain, Shashikant D. Barhate. Corona viruses are a family of viruses that range from the common cold to MERS corona virus: A Review. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):204-210.