Patel Minesh, Anand B. Pithadia, Bijal Prajapati
Patel Minesh1, Anand B. Pithadia2, Bijal Prajapati3
1Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Shree Dhanvantary Pharmacy College, Kim.
2Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Parul University.
3Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics, Parul Institute of Pharmacy, Parul University.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Ayurveda is the world’s oldest clinical gadget and the maximum extensively used remedy for alopecia area, mainly in rural India, wherein 68-75% of the populace lives. Ayurveda performed an increasing number of critical functions in Europe and North America because it unfolds to Western international locations withinside the twentieth century. This approach is presently one of the fastest-developing CAM remedies withinside the world. Osteoarthritis is the maximum not unusual place form of arthritis that frequently happens in antique age. Osteoporosis is known as sandy Vata in Ayurveda. It is a joint sickness that reasons pain, swelling, and stiffness whilst the bones are driven into the joint because of abrasion of the cartilage and the bones rub in opposition to every other. The maximum not unusualplace joints are the knee, pelvis, arm, and spine. Osteoarthritis is a main purpose of incapacity withinside the elderly, affecting about 18-26 years of age in adults 22-27 years of age. The occurrence of osteoarthritis is 38tween a long time of forty and forty-five and 76tween a long time of 60 and 65, and the superiority and effect on fitness growth with age. Drug remedy is a complete symptomatic remedy for osteoarthritis of the knee and frequently keeps the person's mobility. This article reviews hints and recommendation on knee implant remedy withinside the new hints of the Asian Medical Association, highlights a few critical aspects, and discusses decision-making considerations. By realistically comparing the effectiveness of remedy, it plans to lessen the threat of clinical mistakes and preventable facet results and take extra meticulous measures.
Cite this article:
Patel Minesh, Anand B. Pithadia, Bijal Prajapati. Clinical Pharmacological Activity of Ayurvedic Treatments in an Osteoarthritis and it’s Benefits Outcomes: thnopharmacology Review. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):365-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00057
Patel Minesh, Anand B. Pithadia, Bijal Prajapati. Clinical Pharmacological Activity of Ayurvedic Treatments in an Osteoarthritis and it’s Benefits Outcomes: thnopharmacology Review. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 12(4):365-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00057 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-12
1. Ashok Kumar Panda* Ayurveda Treatment Outcomes for Osteoarthritis, Panda, J Homeop Ayurv Med 2015, 4:1 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-1206.1000e115
2. Ashwin C Chiluveri, 2Sudha K Chiluveri, 3Rajkala P Patil, Ayurvedic Management of Osteoarthritis Knee with Grade IV Severity and Obesity (Avaranajanya Janu-Sandhigatavata with Sthoulya), Journal of Research in Ayurvedic Sciences May 2019, 10.5005/jp-journals-10064-0064
3. Arvind Chopra,1 Manjit Saluja,1 Girish Tillu,2 Anuradha Venugopalan,1 Sanjeev Sarmukaddam,1 Ashwini Kumar Raut,3 Lata Bichile,3 Gumdal Narsimulu,4 Rohini Handa,5 and Bhushan Patwardhan2; A Randomized Controlled Exploratory Evaluation of Standardized Ayurvedic Formulations in Symptomatic Osteoarthritis Knees: A Government of India NMITLI Project, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Volume 2011, Article ID 724291, 12 pages doi:10.1155/2011/724291.
4. Little CV, Parsons T, Logan S, Herbal therapy for treating osteoarthritis (Review), Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2000, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD002947. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD002947.
5. Juergen Steinmeyer,1 Fritjof Bock,2,3 Johannes Stöve,4 Jörg Jerosch,5 Johannes Flechtenmacher6,7; Pharmacological treatment of knee osteoarthritis: Special considerations of the new German guideline, Orthopedic Reviews 2018;10:7782 doi:10.4081/or.2018.7782
6. Yvonne D’Arcy, Patrick Mantyh, Tony Yaksh, Sean Donevan, Jerry Hall, Mojgan Sadrarhami and Lars Viktrup; Treating osteoarthritis pain: mechanisms of action of acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drugs, opioids, and nerve growth factor antibodies, POSTGRADUATE MEDICINE https://doi.org/10.1080/00325481.2021.1949199
7. Erlangga Yusuf, MD, PhD; Pharmacologic and Non-Pharmacologic Treatment of Osteoarthritis, Curr Treat Options in Rheum (2016) 2:111–125 DOI 10.1007/s40674-016-0042-y
8. Xiaoyan Cai1†, Shiwen Yuan1†, Yanting Zeng1, Cuicui Wang1, NaYu1* and Changhai Ding1,2,3*; New Trends in Pharmacological Treatments for Osteoarthritis, Frontiers in Pharmacology April 2021 | Volume 12 | Article 645842 doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.645842 Susanne Grässel, Dominique Muschter; Recent advances in the treatment of osteoarthritis, https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.22115.1
9. Huaqi Tang, Shuaibing He, Xinyue Zhang, Shilin Luo, Baixia Zhang, Xiaojie Duan, Zhiqian Zhang, Wenqi Wang, Yun Wang, and Yikun Sun; A Network Pharmacology Approach to Uncover the Pharmacological Mechanism of XuanHuSuo Powder on Osteoarthritis, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Volume 2016, Article ID 3246946, 10 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/3246946
10. C.S. Kessler, K.S. Dhiman, A. Kumar, T. Ostermann, S. Gupta, A. Morandi, M. Mittwede, E. Stapelfeldt, M. Spoo, K. Icke, A. Michalsen, C.M. Witt; Effectiveness of an Ayurveda treatment approach in knee osteoarthritis e a randomized controlled trial, Elsevier Ltd on behalf of Osteoarthritis Research Society International., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2018.01.022
11. Nayana.N1*, Ratnaprava Misra2, Mahesh Kundagol3, James Chacko3; Ayurvedic Approach to Osteoarthritis-A Case Report, International Journal of Ayurveda and Pharma Research, | March 2016 | Vol 4 | Issue 3
12. Manisha R. Sharma, Charmi S. Mehta1, Dipali J. Shukla2, Kalapi B. Patel3, Manish V. Patel4, Shiv Narayan Gupta5; Multimodal Ayurvedic management for Sandhigatavata (Osteoarthritis of knee joints), DOI: 10.4103/0974-8520.115447
13. Christian S. Kessler, MD, MA,1,2 Antonio Morandi, MD,3 Abhimanyu Kumar, MSc, MD,4 Kartar S. Dhiman, MD, PhD,5 Shivenarain Gupta, MD, PhD,6,7 Katja Icke,1 Carina Bu¨ hner, MD,2 Elmar Stapelfeldt, MA,2 Manfred Wischnewsky, PhD,8 Ludwig Kronpaß, MD,9 Vijayendra Murthy, MD, PhD,10 Andreas Michalsen, MD,1,2 and Claudia M. Witt, MD, MBA1,11,12; Reliability of Ayurvedic Diagnosis for Knee Osteoarthritis Patients: A Nested Diagnostic Study Within a Randomized Controlled Trial, The Journal of Alternative And Complementary Medicine, Volume 25, Number 9, 2019, pp. 910–919, DOI: 10.1089/acm.2018.0273
14. Mrs. J. Bharathi1, Prof. Dr.K. Menaka2, Prof. P. Padmavathi3; A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on knowledge regarding self care management among knee Osteoarthritis Patients attending outpatient departments at selected hospitals, Thiruvannamalai; Asian J. Nursing Edu. and Research 6(2): April- June 2016.
15. Kanchan R Pagar, Sarika V Khandbahale, Poonam M Kasar; Osteoarthritis: Pathophysiology and Current Treatment Modalities, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 9(4): October-December, 2019
16. Mrs. J. Bharathi1, Prof. Dr. K. Menaka2, Prof. P. Padmavathi3; A Comparative study to assess the Effectiveness of selected Nursing Strategies Vs Acupressure and the Quality of Life on Osteoarthritis among Geriatric clients residing in selected old age homes in Tamilnadu –Pilot Study, International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management 4(2): April-June 2016
17. Ajay Saxena1*, Pravin Kumar Rai2, Ajay Kumar Meena1, Anupam Srivastava1, Priyanka Pandey3, Kiran Shrivastava4, Shikha Sharma5 and Gyanendra Dutt Shukla6; Clinical Study of Dashmoola Panchtikta Bala Ksheera Basti in the Management of Sandhigata Vatavis-a-vis Osteoarthritis, Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 6(4): October-December, 2014, 177-180
18. Naresh Bhaskar Raj1*, Soumendra Saha2, Amran Ahmed Shokri3, Srilekha Saha2, Hazliza Razali4, Yanti Nur Haryana Othman4, Mahadeva Rao US5; Effect of Isokinetic Training on Quadriceps Muscle Strength in Osteoarthritis of Knee, Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 11(6): June 2018
19. Ali Yadollahpour1,3, Samaneh Rashidi2,3*; Electromagnetic fields for the treatment of osteoarthritis: A review of potential clinical applications, Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 10(2): February 2017
20. Praharsitha. R1, Sowmya M. V2, Anandh Kalaiselvan3, Rahul Dev4, M Manoj Abraham5; Influence of Medial and Lateral Hamstring Strengthening Exercises in women with Osteoarthritis knee: A Randomized trial, Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 12(4): April 2019
21. Sowmya. M.V1, Shaik Chandbee2, Rahul Dev3; Influence of closed Kinematic chain exercise versus open Kinematic Chain Exercise on Q-Angle in subjects with Osteoarthritis Knee, Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 13(4): April 2020
22. Kamath M*; Comprehensive method of managing Osteoarthritis in line with Complementary and alternative Medicine – A Review, Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 13(10): October 2020