Ashok P., Meyyanathan S. N., Jawahar N., R. Vadivelan
Ashok P.1*, Meyyanathan S. N.1, Jawahar N.2, R. Vadivelan3
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Ooty, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Ooty, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, India.
3Department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Ooty, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
In this study for solid lipid nanoparticles prepared technique is by microemulsion. Initially, o/w microemulsion was synthesized. The glyceryl tripalmitate (GTP) is oil phase. Lipophilic surfactant as Soy lecithin and and in continuous phase, hydrophilic surfactant (Pluronic F-68) solution was used. Drug was added under stirring after soy lecithin was melted at 70oC, Pluronic F-68 as aqueous surfactant solution about 10mL added by maintaining same temperature to the liquefies lipid with continuous automatic stirring for 15 minutes. When the temperature was close to the melting point of the lipid in the formulation a clear microemulsion was obtained under stirring. To induce positive charge, stearyl amine is used and loaded to melted lipid. Continuous stirring of solid lipid nano particles were attained by dissipating the tepid o/w microemulsion drop wise into freezing water in a glass beaker. After complete addition of microemulsion, SLN dispersion was further stirred. Ultrasonication was carried out for 15 minutes for SLN formulation, then centrifuged and freeze dried. The optimized batch was also evaluated for various parameters such as particle size, zeta potential and surface morphology. Also, optimized formulation was compared for in vitro drug release with drug solution.
Cite this article:
Ashok P., Meyyanathan S. N., Jawahar N., R. Vadivelan. Irbesartan Formulation and Evaluation of Loaded Solid Lipid Nanoparticles by Microemulsion Techinque. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(4):228-230. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2020.00038.0
1. Husain A, Mitra SA, Bhasin PS. A Review of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical profile of Irbesartan. Pharmacophore2011; 2(6):276-86.
2. Ramteke KH, Joshi SA, Dhole SN. Solid lipid nanoparticles: A review. IOSR Journal of pharmacy2012; 2(6):34-44.
3. Rabea P, Ahmad FJ, Samim M, Ahmad S. Solid lipid nanoparticles of anti cancer drug Andrographolide: Formulation, in vitro and in vivo studies. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 2014; 40(9):1206-12.
4. Luo Y, Chen D, Ren L, Zhao X, Qin J. Solid lipid nanoparticles for enhancing vinpocetine’s oral bioavailability. J Control Release2006; 114:53-59.
5. Hu LD, Tang X, Cui FD. Solid lipid nanoparticles to improve oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs. J Pharm Pharmacol2004; 56:1527-1535.