Mohd Salman, Qazi Majaz A., Abrarul Haq, Khan Nayeem, Shaikh Siraj
Mohd Salman*, Qazi Majaz A., Abrarul Haq, Khan Nayeem, Shaikh Siraj
Department of Pharmaceutics, Ali-Allana College of Pharmacy Akkalkuwa, Dist.: Nandurbar (425415), Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
The aim of present research was to develop a mini tablet of Drotaverine hydrocholoride. Mini tablets of Drotaverine hcl were prepared by using various polymers, such as gellan gum and carbopol 940. Mini tablets were evaluated for weight variation, hardness, thickness, friability, drug content, and in-vitro dissolution studies. The prepared mini tablets exhibited satisfactory physic-chemical characteristics. All prepared batches shown good in-vitro dissolution studies. The best result from optimized batches is of F5 which gives drug release 97.72% in 12 h time periods.
Cite this article:
Mohd Salman, Qazi Majaz A., Abrarul Haq, Khan Nayeem, Shaikh Siraj. Formulation, Optimization and Evaluation of Drotaverine HCl Mini Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 12(1):6-1. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00002
Mohd Salman, Qazi Majaz A., Abrarul Haq, Khan Nayeem, Shaikh Siraj. Formulation, Optimization and Evaluation of Drotaverine HCl Mini Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 12(1):6-1. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00002 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-2
1. Darpini S. Patel, Patel B.A, Dipika G. Patel, Vina B. Patel K, Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Controlled Drug Delivery System for A Model Anti Diabetic Drug Metformin, International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research, 2011;3(2),78.
2. Herbert A, Lieberman and Leon Lachman. Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Tablets, I Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 1991;3: pp 9-10.
3. L. Lachman, H.A. Liberman, J.L. Kanig. Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy. 3rd Edn, Varghese Publishing House, Mumbai,1991; 296-302,337-338,346
4. Mielck J.B, Lennartz P, Minitabletting: An improving the compactability of paracetamol powder mixtures. Int. J. Pharm 1998; 173:75–85r.,
5. Yamsani MR, Reddy S, Panakanti P.K. Design and Evaluationofa Novel Gas Formation-Built Multiple-Unit Gastro-Retentive Floating Drug Delivery System for Quetiapine Fumarate. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 13(4):489-496.
6. Hellebechgaard, Gydahegermannnielsen. Controlled-release several-units and single-unit dosages aliterature review. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 1978; 4(1): 53-67.
7. Rajput S, Agrawal P, Pathak A. A Magical Novel Drug Delivery System. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012, 1(1): 439-455.
8. Alderman D.A. Evaluation of fiber ethers in the hydrophilic matrices for oral controlled release dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology production. 1984; 5: 1-9.,
9. Bari S.B, Dahivelkar PP. Synchronizedderived and Multi-component Spectrophotometric Determination of Drotaverine hcl and Mefenamic acid in tablets. Indian J. Pharm. Sci. 2007; 69: 812-4.,
10. Sabitri B, Snehamayee M. A. Present approach of solid dispersion: New idea toward oral bioavailability. Asain J Pharm Clin Res. 2018; 11:72-8
11. Indian Pharmacopoeia, 2007. Ministry of Health and Science Welfare. Government of India, New Delhi. 2:735-736. 689
12. Banker GS, Anderson NR. Tablets. In: Lachman L, Lieberman HA, Kanig JL, ed. The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy. 3rd ed. Mumbai: Varghese Publishing House. 1987: 182-4; 296-303: 311-2.