Sidhartha Jyoti Bora, Runa Chakravorty, Payal Das Gupta
Sidhartha Jyoti Bora1, Runa Chakravorty2, Payal Das Gupta3
1Dept. of Pharmaceutics, NEPEDS College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CID Bus Stop, Survey, Beltola, Guwahati, Assam, 781028, India.
2Dept. of Pharmaceutics, Royal School of Pharmacy, Assam Royal Global University, NH-37, Opp. Tirupati Balaji Temple, Betkuchi, Guwahati, Assam, 781035, India.
3Dept. of Pharmaceutics, Royal School of Pharmacy, Assam Royal Global University, NH-37, Opp. Tirupati Balaji Temple, Betkuchi, Guwahati, Assam, 781035, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
As the use of technology can save time and money thereby providing the aid to the pharma sector. Artificial Intelligence is a branch of computer science which deals with the problem solving by the aid of symbolized programming. AI has evolved into a science of problems solving with enormous applications in business, health care and engineering. This article provides insight of the AI used in drug discovery, various tools of AI, AI’s importance in global pharma pricing & market access debates, Application of AI in pharma.
Cite this article:
Sidhartha Jyoti Bora, Runa Chakravorty, Payal Das Gupta. The use of Artificial Intelligence in Pharmacy. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2023; 13(3):229-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2023.00041
Sidhartha Jyoti Bora, Runa Chakravorty, Payal Das Gupta. The use of Artificial Intelligence in Pharmacy. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2023; 13(3):229-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2023.00041 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-3-14
1. Haenlein M. et al. A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence: On the Past, Present, and Future of Artificial Intelligence. California Management Review. 2019; 1-10.
2. Flasiński M. et al. Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. 1st ed. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing. 2016; 4.
3. Cellan Jones R. et al. Stephen Hawking Warns Artificial Intelligence could End Mankind. 2019 May 12. Available on: http:// www.bbc.com/news/technology-30290540.
4. Castrounis A. et al. Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks. 2017 Sep 28.Available on:[online]Kdnuggets.com.Availableat:http://www.kdnuggets.com/2016/10/artificial-intelligence-deep-learningneural- networks-explained.html
5. Shweta Paroha, Ravindra Dhar Dubey, Subrata Mallick. Recent Targets in Drug Discovery: A Review. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2011; 3(1): 5-9.
6. Parimal M Prajapati, Yatri Shah, DJ Sen, CN Patel. Combinatorial Chemistry: A New Approch for Drug Discovery. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(2): April- June 2010; Page 249-254.
8. Bhagyashree L. Jejurikar, Sachin H. Rohane. Drug Designing in Discovery Studio. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(2):135-138.
9. Shravani S. Pawar, Sachin H. Rohane. Review on Discovery Studio: An important Tool for Molecular Docking. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(1):86-88.
10. Anish Chittora, Mary Mekala A. Discovery of Drug and Medicine Using Data Mining Techniques. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2017; 10(12): 4147-4151.
11. Dash, Satyajit Behera, Dillip Kumar Mohapatra. Investigational New Drug Application Process (IND) - As a Tool for Drug Discovery. Research J. Science and Tech. 2010; 2(3): 47-50.
12. Lakshmi TT. et al. Recent trends in the usage of robotics in pharmacy. Indian Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biotechnology. 2014; 2 (1), 1038-1043.
13. McHugh R. et al. Meet MEDi the Robot Taking Pain Out of Kids. Hospital Visits. 2017 June 2. Available on: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/meet-medi-robottaking-pain-out-kids-hospital-visits-n363191.
14. Trynacit K. MEDi Robot to Comfort Patients in Stollery Children’s Hospital. 2017 Jun 24. Available on: http://www.cbc. ca/news/canada/edmonton/medi-robot-to-comfortpatients-in-stollery-children-s-hospital-1.3919867.
15. Aethon. TUG Autonomous Mobile Robot.
16. Pardeep Kumar Sharma, Amit Sachdeva, Cherry Bhargava. Fuzzy logic: A tool to predict the Renal diseases. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2598-2.
17. Kotta Kranthi Kumar. Importance and Applications of Artificial Intelligence (Metastorm Software) in Pharmaceutical Process Life-Cycle. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2019; 11(2):116-120.
18. Rauland M. et al. Retrieved February 22, 2022, from Pharma Boardroom: 2021May 26. available on: https://pharmaboardroom.com/articles/five-ways-that-ai-can-transform-pharma-market-access/
19. Jung YL. Artificial intelligence-based decision support model for new drug development planning, Expert Systems with Applications. 2022.198 pp: 116825.
20. Sherry AB. et al. establishing an interdisciplinary research team for cardio-oncology artificial intelligence informatics precision and health equity, American Heart Journal Plus: Cardiology Research and Practice. 2022. 13; 100094. available on: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahjo.2022.100094.
21. Chang TK. et al. Application and potential of artificial intelligence in neonatal medicine, Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. 2022; 101346.
22. Jimenez-Luna J. et al. Drug discovery with explainable artificial intelligence. Nat. Mach. Intell. 2020. 573-584
23. Vamathevan J. et al. Applications of machine learning in drug discovery and development. Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 18 (6). 2019. 463-477.
24. Schuhmacher A. et al. The upside of being a digital pharma player. Drug Discov. Today. 25 (9). 2020. 1569-1574
26. Colombo. et al. Applications of artificial intelligence in drug delivery and pharmaceutical development. Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare. 2020. 85–116.
27. Colombo S. et al. Transforming nanomedicine manufacturing toward Quality by Design and microfluidics. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2018; 128:11531.
28. Sarah J. et al. Advancing pharmacy and healthcare with virtual digital technologies. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 2022; 182: 114098 .
29. Praveen Tahilani, Hemant Swami, Gaurav Goyanar, Shivani Tiwari. The Era of Artificial Intelligence in Pharmaceutical Industries - A Review. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(3):183-7.
30. Patel Minesh. A Review on Importance of Artificial Intelligence in Alzheimer’s Disease and it’s Future Outcomes for Alzheimer’s Disease. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2022; 14(1):13-2.