The plethora subscribed in this research is directed towards the process validation of tablet formulation containing Isoniazide and Rifampin. The different process parameters were identified and studied for the tablet formulation batches. Three process validation batches of same size, manufacturing process, equipment and validation criteria was taken. The critical parameter involved in sifting, dry mixing, preparation of granulating agent, wet mixing, wet milling, drying, sizing, lubrication and compression stages were identified and evaluated. The outcome indicated that this process validation data provides high degree of assurance that manufacturing process produces product meeting its predetermined specifications and quality attributes.
Cite this article:
Priyanka Kailas Borse, Kiran B. Dhamak. Process Validation of Isoniazide and Rifampin Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 11(2):105-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2021.00017
Priyanka Kailas Borse, Kiran B. Dhamak. Process Validation of Isoniazide and Rifampin Tablet. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 11(2):105-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2021.00017 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-2
1. L. Nandhakumar, G. Dharmamoorthy, S. Rameshkumar and S. Chandrasekaran, an Overview of Pharmaceutical Validation: Quality Assurance View Point. IJRPC, 2011, 1(4): 1003.
2. Manohar A. Potdar, Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, Nirali Prakashan, 2007, 8.1.
3. Elsie Jatto and Augustine O. Okhamafe, An Overview of Pharmaceutical Validation and Process Controls in Drug Development, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, December 2002; 1 (2): 115-122.
4. Dr. Keyur B. Ahir, Khushboo D. Singh, Sushma P. Yadav, Hetal S. Patel, Chetan B. Poyahari, Overview of Validation and Basic Concepts of Process Validation, Scholars Academic Journal of Pharmacy, 2014; 3(2): 178-190.
5. Shalini Sharma, Gaurav Khurana, Rohit Gupta, A Review on Pharmaceutical Validation and Its Implications, Indian J. Pharm. Biol. Res Sep. 2013, Vol. 1 (3): 100.
6. Rajesh K. Parida, Overview of Pharmaceutical Validation and Process Controls in Drug Development, Pelagia Research Library, 2010, 1 (1): 11-19.
7. S Ghosh, BVV Ravikumar, B Mahanti; An Updated and Modern Concept of Validation; PharmaTutor; 2015; 3(6); 16-20.
8. Sharma Ajay, Saini Seema, Process Validation of Solid Dosage Form: A Review, IJRPS 2013, 3(2), 12-30.
9. Monika Sharma, Shikha Agarwal, Shweta Agarwal, Manoj Sharma, Prospective Validation: A Review, TPI, 2015; 4(3): 01-07.
10. Shruthi N. K., N. Vishal Gupta, Raghunandan H V, U Nitin Kashyap, USFDA Guidelines on Process Validation - A Review, July-Aug 2014 Vol.6, No.3, 920.
11. Vishal sharma, and nimrata seth, Industrial process validation of tablet dosage form: a review, Vol 4 | Issue 2 | 2014 | 80-84.
12. Mohammad Zameeruddin, Kale Shweta S, Jadhav Suryakant B, Kadam Vaishali S, Chaware Swapna S. Process Validation of Oral Solid Dosage Form: Tablet – An Overview 2015 Vol 4, Issue 12, 358.