Abhijit Sasmal, Deeparani Urolagin
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Abhijit Sasmal1*, Deeparani Urolagin2
1Research Scholar, Department of Pharmacology, Aditya Bangalore Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Yelahanka, Bangalore.
2Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Aditya Bangalore Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Yelahanka, Bangalore.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
Immunomodulatory treatment is more often than not required beneath the conditions of impeded safe responsiveness and when the resistance components of have got to be actuated. In spite of the fact that customary immunomodulatory chemotherapy is accessible but it is so costly that it isn't more often than not reasonable to standard individuals with the socio-economic status. Subsequently, the balance of safe framework by conventional restorative plant items has gotten to be a subject matter for current logical examinations around the world. Night blossoming jasmine, botanically known as Cestrum nocturnum is an evergreen shrub that grows in tropical and sub-tropical locales all through the world. Cestrum nocturnum could be a most widespread plant due to its scent from the white blossoms. It is additionally developed as a therapeutic plant. The therapeutic properties of night sprouting jasmine incorporate antioxidant, anti-hyperlipidaemic, hepatoprotective, pain relieving, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-convulsant, anti-HIV and larvicidal exercises. The present paper reviews the immunomodulatory activity of the plant.
Cite this article:
Abhijit Sasmal, Deeparani Urolagin. Immunomodulatory activity of Cestrum nocturnum. - A Comprehensive review. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(1):33-7. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00006
Abhijit Sasmal, Deeparani Urolagin. Immunomodulatory activity of Cestrum nocturnum. - A Comprehensive review. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(1):33-7. doi: 10.52711/2231-5713.2022.00006 Available on: https://ajptonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-6
1. S. Koido, et al. Immunotherapy for colorectal cancer, World J. Gastroenterol. 2013; 19 (46): 8531-8542.
2. Anne Gallois and Nina Bhardwaj, et al. Dendritic Cell-Targeted Approaches to Modulate Immune Dysfunction in the Tumor Micro environment, Front. Immunol. 2013; 4: 436.
3. G. Shrestha, L.L. St Clair, K.L. O’Neill. The immunostimulating role of lichen polysaccharides: a review, Phytother. Res. 2015; 29(3):317-22.
4. Lawrence S Chan. Ocular and oral mucous membrane pemphigoid (cicatricial pemphigoid), ELSEVIER Clinics in Dermatology. 2012;30: 34 -7.
5. Carsons SE. Issues Related to Clinical Trials of Oral and Biologic Disease-Modifying Agents for Sjögren's Syndrome, ELSEVIER Rheumatic Disease Clinic of North America. 2008; 34:1011–23.
6. Amin Shaista and Parle Amrita, Delicate, fragrant, lady of the night- A medicinal Gift, Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies. 2016; 4(6): 13-17.
7. Erowid Cestrum Vaults: Cestrum Health Concerns. Erowid.org. 2008; 1: 1.
8. Sharif Al-Reza M, Atiqur Rahmanand Sun Chul Kang. Chemical composition and inhibitory effect of essential oil and organic extracts of Cestrum nocturnum L. on foodborne pathogens. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2009; 44:1176-1182.
9. Prasad MP, Apoorva Prabhu, Monica Singh Thakur, Yogesh Ruparel M. Phytochemical screening, antioxidant potential and antimicrobial activities in three species of cestrum plants.Int J Pharm Bio Sci. 2013; 4(2):(B)673-678.
10. Sahane RS, Wankhade PA. Pharmacological and Phytochemical investigation of cestrum nocturnum leaf extract for antihyperglycaemic and anti - hyperlipidaemic activities. Int. Journal of Research in Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics. 2014; 3(4):255-268.
11. Yoshihiro Mimaki, Kazuki Watanabe, Hiroshi Sakagami, Yutaka Sashida. Steroidal Glycosides from the Leaves of Cestrum nocturnum. J. Nat. Prod. 2002; 65:1863-1868.
12. Ratsch, Christian. The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and its Applications. Rochester: Park Street Press, 1998, 162-163.
13. Weeds of Hawai‘i’s Pastures and Natural Areas; An Identification and Management Guide by P. Motooka et al. ©2003, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, University of Hawai‘i at Mänoa. Available from http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/invweed/WeedsHI/W_Cestru
14. He´ctor Pe´rez-Saad, Marı´a Buznego T. Behavioral and Anti-Epileptic effects of acute administration of the extract of the plant Cestrum nocturnum lin (lady of the night); Epilepsy & Behavior, 2008; 12:366-372.
15. ZENG Jing, HUANG Zhi-hua, LI Liang-dong et al. A study on the Analgesic Effect of Cestrum nocturnum n- Butyl Alcohol Extract. Journal of Gannan Medical College, 2003, 05.
16. Avijit M, Bhatt A, Bonde VA, Shaikh A, Rupa M. Screening of the leaves of cestrum nocturnum for its antipyretic, analgesic and anti-iflammatory activities. Nigerian Journal of Natural Products and Medicine. 2013, 13
17. Chetan Jawale, Rambhau Kirdak, Laxmikant Dama. Larvicidal activity of cestrum nocturnum on aedesaegypti. Bangladesh Journal Of Pharmacology. 2010; 5:39-40.
18. ZHONG Zhen-guo, ZHAO Shi-yuan, LV Jin-yan, LI Peng. Experimental study on antitumor effect of extracts from Cestrum nocturnum in vivo. Journal of Chinese Medicinal Materials. 2008; 31(11):1709-12.
19. Bahman Nickavar, Mohammad Hosein Salehi Sormaghi, Sepideh Mohandesi. Steam volatiles of cestrum nocturnum flowers. Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants. 2009; 12(2):181-184.
20. Sharif Al-Reza M, Atiqur Rahman, Yunus Ahmed, Sun Chul Kang. Inhibition of plant pathogens in vitro and in vivo with essential oil and organic extracts of Cestrum nocturnum L. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. 2010; 96(2):86-92.
21. Khalid Rashid, Xing-Jie Zhang, Meng-Ting Luo, Yong- Tang Zheng. Evaluation of Anti-HIV-1 activity from Cestrum nocturnum aerial parts and phytochemical analysis. Reviews of Progress, 2013, 1(5).
22. Imran Qadir M, Muhammad Sajid Al Murad, Muhammad Ali, Mohammad Saleem, Ammad Ahmad Farooqi. Hepatoprotective effect of leaves of aqueous ethanol extract of cestrum nocturnum against paracetamol- induced hepatotoxicity. Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology. 2014; 9(2)
23. Avijit M, Bhatt A, Bonde VA, Shaikh A, Rupa M. Screening of the leaves of cestrum nocturnum for its antipyretic,analgesic and anti-iflammatory activities. Nigerian Journal of Natural Products and Medicine, 2013, 13
24. Yoshihiro Mimaki, Kazuki Watanabe, Yuka Ando, Chiseko Sakuma, Yutaka Sashida, Shigenori Furuya, et al. Flavonol Glycosides and Steroidal Saponins from the Leaves of Cestrum nocturnum and their Cytotoxicity. J. Nat. Prod. 2001; 64:17-22.
25. Hemant Kumar Nagar, Amit Kumar Srivastava, Rajnish Srivastava, Madan Lal Kurmi, Harinarayan Singh Chandel, Mahendra Singh Ranawat. Pharmacological investigation of the wound healing activity of Cestrum nocturnum (L) Ointment in Wistar Albino Rats. Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2016